Monday, July 30, 2012

Where I am so far

So as I said I have started this little journey into New Orleans running on Saturday, so I have some runs to catch you up on.

On Saturday I took the first step, and so far, my longest step.  As I sat on my couch watching the Olympics, wishing I was half as in shape as these athletes are, it hit me.  I like running.  I always have.  The spark was lit.  But I often lose motivation when I get in a fitness kick.  So I called up a buddy who lives in my apartment complex and we were off.  I decided to follow my buddy in his normal CBD route.


View 7/28/2012 Run in a larger map

We started off pretty strong and headed through Lee Circle and ran past the old Maserati dealership (I'll have to post a picture next time I run this route) and we motivated each other to run strong to Poydras.  We jogged our way down Poydras, getting odd looks from some tourists, and parted ways at Tchoupitoulas.  I was feeling a bit over confident and decided to run down a bit more to Convention Center Blvd.  That was a mistake, and I was pretty gassed about a block later.  As I jogged a bit, I enjoyed some views I normally pass without a second thought such as the Katrina Memorial.  I felt my second wind and picked up the pace two blocks from home.  I didn't keep track of my time, so I'm not sure how bad I did.  It is just a start and I will post better data in the days to come.

On Sunday, I decided to keep it up.  I grabbed one of my best friends, Beau, and ran two laps around my apartment complex.

View 7/29/2012 Run in a larger map

I was feeling tired from the previous day's run, so we decided to take it easy.  We decided that we would rest up and get in an early morning Monday run.

Let me know what you think about the blog so far in the comments below!  What would you like to hear more about-- running routes, running stories, what I see on the runs?  I want to make this something you enjoy reading and want to come back to.

See you on the road!

1 comment: