Saturday, August 4, 2012

Audubon Park

One week down and I feel great.  I slept in today so I had to do an early evening run.  Due to the heat, I decided to drive down to the park to do a run in the shade of the oak trees.

View 8/4/2012 run in a larger map

As usual, the park was beautiful and full of activity.  There were runners, bikers, walkers, and dogs all over the place.  You should always keep your eyes open when running here, you never know who you will see. This is where New Orleans comes to run.  On several occasions I have seen the Ragin' Cajun, himself, running laps here.  Let me know in the comments if you have ever run into anyone famous on your runs in the comments below!   With this run, I have hit my goal of running 10 miles this week!  Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me and the blog, I really appreciate it!  You are motivating me keep going, and I hope that I am motivating you to get up and get out there too!

I also want to point out a few changes I made to the site today.  I added in a calendar of all upcoming races in the New Orleans area.  Check them out, I am deciding whether I am ready to do one yet or not.  I will also be doing my Weekly Progress Report later tonight.  Are there any other features you would like to see me put up on the site?  Let me know!

See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment