Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The workday Metairie Run

First and foremost, I want to congratulate my flag football team for an awesome game last night.  Even though we played down one person, we easily handled a much larger team.  I'm not saying we are going to win the championship, but we are going to win the championship.  Today was the first time that I tried to organize a group of people to run together.  I tried rounding up as many people from work to go run, and several people actually sounded interested.  However, it turned out to just be two of us.  Oh well, it was still a good 2 mile run.  Here is the route:


View 8/8/2012 run in a larger map

We just started from our office and headed into Old Metairie and made a nice loop.  I have to say, I haven't taken many rest days since I have started.  If you have been counting, I have taken two so far.  For one of those, I played football instead, so not much of a rest.  I was feeling it today.  My legs were just tired.  I was running with a guy in much better shape than I.  Thanks Paul for being patient with me!  Other than my own fatigue, the weather was nice due to the earlier thunderstorms and the sidewalks were easily accessible and flat.  I had fun on this run, and I hope it continues to grow with people from my office.  If you would like to run in the Metairie area, let me know and you can join us next time!  I know that I will be missing it, but I will definitely be taking a major rest day tomorrow.  Anyway, I have a ton of housework to catch up on and a backlog of wedding thank you notes to tackle. 

After my run, another buddy decided to join me for an after run beer.  Today's brew was the seasonal Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit. 



This was a very satisfying citrus whit beer.  Belgian Wits are my favorite style of beer, and though this one was good, it also wasn't anything special.  I have to give my Louisiana beers some praise, but there are better ones out there.  Check out the brew here.   What is your favorite after run draft?  Also, if you are a fan of craft beers, there is a great beer review blog at thebishopscollar.blogspot.com.

See you on the Road!

No comments:

Post a Comment