Monday, August 6, 2012

Lazy Sunday

I must be crazy.  I can think of no other reason why I started running again in the middle of the hot, humid New Orleans summer.  I also like to sleep in, so I never get to run in the cool morning hours.  So I run in the hottest hours of the day like a crazy person.  Sunday was no exception to this, especially with White Linen Night on Saturday.  As not to kill ourselves, Justin and I went for a run at Audubon park for the shade.  Luckily a storm passed through and dropped the temperature a bit for us.  And who needs a fancy gym membership when you can enjoy a sauna for free, complements of the infamous New Orleans humidity!  Here is the route:


View 8/5/2012 run in a larger map

Due to the heat, we decided to just concentrate on mileage rather than any sort of speed.  As we conversed about careers, life, and New Orleans, twenty minutes and almost two miles had passed.  We looked to each other and decided if we ran anymore, we too would probably, at the very least, pass out.  After our run, we talked about where I can take my running, and the accounting of my adventures here, in the future.  We discussed perhaps doing reoccurring routes on certain days, hopefully with larger groups of people to run with, and only doing a "discovery run" as I like to call them maybe once or twice a week.  We shall see how this turns out.  That being said, Wednesday will be the first, hopefully regularly occurring, group run.  I am calling it the P&N Run Club.  I'm an accountant, and not very creative or original.  I will have a new route for you posted tonight, as well as some ideas for new weekly segments I am thinking about putting up.  Let me know in the comments below how I'm doing!

See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment