Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rest and Recovery

This morning was my first run since Wednesday.  I was really looking forward to getting back out there and get some more miles under my belt.  As I started running, my shins started to fatigue and tighten up.  Yeah, I have been hit with shin splints.  The best plan of attack to battle shin splints is to stop, for up to a week or two, and see how things go.  I have been gathering all the information that I could find on shin splints.  I will be doing a new shin stretch regimen to strengthen those muscles.  I advise anyone who has run into this to consult runners world for workouts and stretches for all sorts of common running ailments.  So while I rest up, I will report on my workouts and stretching.  Wish me a speedy recovery!

 

See you on the road (soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment